Thursday, September 20, 2007

Linux with AD authentication

Hey All!

A while ago I was testing how I could setup my Linux computers and servers to authenticate with Active Directory instead of Linux own account management.

I was able to setup so when you log on our Linux servers you use you're AD login and password and everything seemd to work just fine.

I implemented this in our server environment, so now all our users is using their AD username and password on our Linux systems.

The one thing I didn't do so well was that i didn't document this implementation, so now I have forgott how I did everything!

I'm going to look in to this and read current configuration and possibly do it all over again. THIS TIME I'LL WRITE IT DOWN!!!!
We're using Ubuntu, but it should be similar with other Linux distributions

When I'm done I'll post i here.........

No comments:

Counter

Web Counters